Today is my Birthday. I am 23. So here’s a list of 23 things I’ve only just started to grasp after 23 years.
1.Never make the mistake of believing that other people think the same way you do.
2.Learning to love yourself is very, very difficult. But it is also the most rewarding thing you will ever do.
3.Take risks and learn from them.
4. Don’t lie to yourself
5.Back yourself! If you don’t, who will?
6.Reach out to people and work on your relationships. They take effort and maintenance to function.
7.Look after yourself. Give yourself time to relax, time to indulge but also whip yourself into action when needed and be disciplined when necessary. It’s a balance thing.
8.Family is everything, whether that be your biological family or a family you have chosen. It’s important and when it comes down to it, it’s always the priority.
9.Loose leaf tea is wayyyy better than tea in bags.
10. Don’t waste energy on things you don’t enjoy. Make a life that makes you happy.
11.Never ever EVER push a relationship in any way, let things happen when they happen and if it’s time to leave, leave. If you’re wondering if you love them, you don’t. Leave, it’s not fair on them or you to stay.
12. You don’t need all that stuff you think you need. Possessions can be pointless, live like a vagabond.
13. Drink your freaking water. You need it!
14. Don’t dwell on the painful moments of the past. Learn from them, feel them and then move on. They have no place in your future.
15. Conversely, remember all the good moments. Keep them like a picture book in your head and refer to them whenever you can.
16. Invest in a good jacket.
17. It’s ok to say what you think, but be mindful of other peoples feelings.
19. Enjoy the stage in life that you’re at. Don’t try to be anything or anyone you’re not.
20. Clean things right after you use them (honestly how did it take me THIS long to learn that one!?)
21. Be adventurous. Try new things.
22. Forget previous transgressions, don’t hold them like a ledger in your heart. Accept people for who they are now, not who they were.
23. Be brave, it will always be a roller-coaster of ups and downs. Things will happen, people will leave. Be brave, be strong and know that you’ve made it this far, you can make it through.